** Master in Information Technology **
2005-2010 at Linköpings University, Sweden
With focus on software development
** Mon 7 Consulting AB **
From feb 2008 while studying, at full time since jan 2010
Mon 7 Consulting develops customer specific business applications. I've been the lead developer and been responsible for all of our projects, from pre-study, requirement gathering, architecture, development, testing, training, support and server configuration/management. I've been in charge of four other developers. Example of systems we have developed:
- Complete business application for veterinary clinics. It handles everything from appointments, journals and prescriptions to accounting and inventory management. Biggest challanges:
- The HA requirements. I built a multi site availablity system.
- Integration with on-site resources such as printers, x-ray and lab equipment.
- System for insurances management and incident reporting for one of Sweden's largest counties.
- Application for systematic fire precaution work, including a mobile web interface.
- A system for collection of energy statistics, and making a lot of computation and charts over it. Biggest challenge: Scaling for the amount of data which is gathered. Integration with a lot of different statistics providers.
- Administration application for a big electricity broker. Biggest challenge: A manageable, extendable and testable billing routine, which is in almost constant change.
All the systems has a web interface and the main development platform is .NET.
As a part of my master thesis (which was a study of the Lean startup model) me and my partner started a company and I developed a CAD viewer for construction workers.
2009- (In practice since 1996)
My personal consulting firm which provides IT operation and support, both in Windows and Linux environments, as well as develops intranet solutions and websites, mostly in Ruby. Examples:
- Resume database for a annually conference for women studying computer science. Built using Sinatra, Heroku and S3.
- Lab application which store blood sample results. Build on Sinatra.
- Responsible for a vet.clinic's IT environment, including planning, buy-in, counseling and day to day support. Environment base on Windows but with thin clients using Linux and RDP.
Summer job in 2006 and 2007
At the NetSIM department was a mobile network simulator developed. I worked with stuff like implementing functionality in the simulator (Erlang), installation scripts (bash/sh), GUI for the frontend (Java). My supervisor was stunned when the work they had planed for my 5 week period was done within the first week.
15 month as a artic soldier and sergeant
Responsible for 22 guys and establishing of mobile telecommunication equipped bandwagons. Was awarded for best company sergeant.
Below are some of the technologies I have worked with, in no particular ordering.
- Vim (preferred)
- Visual Studio (+ ReSharper)
- .NET 2.0-4.0
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET WebForms
- Ruby On Rails
- Microsoft SQL
- Amazon SimpleDB
- Azure SQL
- Git (preferred)
- Domain Driven Design
- Continous Integration
- Linq to SQL
- Entity Framework
- jQuery UI
Open source projects I've contributed to
- Autofac - One of the major Dependency Injection frameworks for .NET
- Pony - An easy way to send mail in Ruby
Open source I've initiated
- Meerkat - Server Sent Events Rack middleware with multiple backends
- PG-Migrator - Postgres migrate library with only PG as dependecy, because SQL is the best DSL.
- sprocket-urlrewriter - Rewrites relative urls in css when concated by the asset pipeline lib Sprockets
- sprocket-cache-redis - Redis caching for Sprockets
See my Github account for all my open source involvement.